A number of chemicals can be used to control the production and release of H2S in and from sewers. The chemicals differ significantly in terms of the mechanism of action, application dose and impacts on downstream treatment units.
I would like to explore options of chemical dosing for sulfide control
- Oxygen: Oxygen is used as an oxidant, which oxidizes the sulfide already
present in wastewater and prevents formation of sulfide downstream by
maintaining aerobic conditions.
- Ferric chloride
- Magnesium hydroxide
- Free nitrous acid
- I know the options, and would like to know more about a chemical
- I know the chemical and I have got some concerns about using the chemical
- I know the chemical and would like to know more about the dosing
- I want to compare a number of chemicals for selected criteria
- I want to know what other people are doing